Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introduction to the Team


My name is Michael
I was the Senior Project Manager for a company in sunny southern California. I was content with my career, while doing evangelism part time. There were certain chain events that happen where God closed doors and opened doors to do full time evangelism. I realized that all my past summers in high school and college were dedicated to internships and summer classes to get ahead in life. I had never given the Lord a segment of my life that was dedicated to him. With the slow economy, and the open invitations to help out communities in need, I whole-heartedly resigned from my position and answered the call to be a “Misfit.” I still have unresolved questions and the devil tries to create doubt, but there is nothing more comforting than the Peace that passes all understanding when you know that you are doing exactly what God wants you to.



My Name is Anthony
I am 22 years old. I work in a warehouse distributing parts for Pepboys in Southern California. The Lord has called me to do full time ministry for Him even though I was working full time and had bills to pay. At first I struggled with it because I was unsure what would happen with my job and bills; however, I decided that if He wanted me to go He would prepare the way. About a week and a half before the team was going to leave I was looking at my finances and realized I had a lot more money than I originally thought and that I had just enough to cover my bills if I were to leave for a few months. So, I prayed about it and I felt assured that the Lord was calling me to go to Central California to do full time ministry. I made the decision in my mind that I was going even if I had to quit my job. The next workday I went to talk to my boss and by God’s grace I was given a leave of absence instead of having to quit my job. The Lord prepared the way and opened the doors; so, I became a Misfit and am anxiously waiting to see what the Lord is going to do in Central California.



My Name is Jessica
I’m 20 years old. I’m currently a pre-nursing student and a preschool music teacher. I grew up in the church, but never really understood the true meaning of being a Christian. I thought that just by going to church, listening to Christian music, and putting on a smile was my Christian duty. But if that was so, then why was I still feeling lonely, depressed, angry, and empty inside? Well, about 2 years ago, by a similar ministry as this, the Lord showed me that there is more to being a Christian than just believing in Him, attending church, etc. I needed to have a relationship with Him. Let me tell you, when I truly gave my heart to God, I have had so much joy and peace in my heart that I just want to tell others about it. I have been involved with Finish the Work ministry and have enjoyed it. Last September I was invited to be a part of another ministry that would be doing full-time Bible work, but I hesitated because of church responsibilities, as well as, work and school obligations. So for 3 months, I had prayed off and on about it, but never prayed hard enough, because I already had doubt in my heart to leave where I was at. Therefore, I assumed that God wanted me to stay at home and continue what I was doing. Little did I know, God really had others plans for my life. I kept feeling this deep impression upon my heart to do full-time ministry, but I didn’t want to, for selfish reasons. I had to make a decision by December, so I started praying about it even more. By God’s grace, He convicted me by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God to take part in holding Evangelistic Crusades for 3 months with the Misfits. This has been one of the best decisions I have made. I’m so excited about sharing God’s love with others. But it makes me even more excited when I see others give theirs hearts to Christ. And that’s what I’m looking forward to: seeing others, wanting to be involved in doing God’s work and being on fire for Him. I want to see the happiness and peace in their lives, as I have experienced. I want to share the experience of knowing Christ with those who are searching for something better in life; this is why I have decided to join the Misfits.





My name is Nick
I'm 21 years old. I was about to apply for the x-ray tech program, and enter my last semester of prerequisites. Ever since I started studying the Bible, I've been wanting to do something in God's line of work, but I've been putting it off too long. Finally, the opportunity came at GYC when by God's providence I was invited to be a "Misfit" (Someone who realizes that they don't fit in this world). I realized that God had plans for me that "I fit into" I began to realize that most of the things that I did in life were selfish and that I wouldn't have many opportunities to go "All out for God" It's difficult to pick up and leave your career, or family so I thought this was as good a time as ever to do something different, something where I can be used by God to change lives, and be changed in the process.



My Name is Frances
I am 20 years old. I have been in and out of work for some time. I attended San Bernardino Valley College and decided the atmosphere was not the best for my spiritual life. I had just recently accepted Jesus Christ into my life and was baptized prior to starting school. I truly feel God wanted me to head in another direction, I just couldn't figure out where. I stopped attending school and started working at an insurance company and realized God had been calling me to full time ministry. So I resigned from work and answered the call. Through much prayer and willingness I figured out that my true reason to be alive was to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. So I prayed to God that the Holy Spirit would open doors for me to do the work He assigned for me. Surely it was His will for me to do full time ministry because the ministry that I have been a member of invited me to be a part of full time ministry doing Evangelistic Crusades for three months. I am so happy that I chose to work for God. Every day is another blessing to be alive; and not just because I wake up in the morning but because I get to see how God works in people's lives and how His grace just uplifts them. I am excited to do Bible Work for the next 3 months and to share the message with others who are searching and hungry for the Word of God. It brings so much joy to see how God has certain people for you to reach out to every day, that have been praying and asking God to show them the truth and it all happens with one knock at their door. I am so grateful and blessed to be a part of this work. I guess the main reason I have decided to dedicate my time to spreading the gospel is because God answered the prayer in my heart that I never even realized I was praying and He pulled me out of my hopeless searching, confusion, and anger and I want everyone else to know that God, the Father of the fatherless, can do that for them, and He has a specific plan for them. I have realized that God has those plans for us and specific people He needs us to witness to, and all it takes is a dedicated and willing heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment