Friday, January 30, 2009

Testimony from Anthony

When it comes to door knocking I am the type of guy who sticks to the map. If the map says go left, I go left and if it says not to go down a road then I will not go down that road. However, on Wednesday of this week Nick and me were door knocking. I was only out there for an hour or so because I had to leave for a Bible study at 3. I was unable to get a hold of my Bible study contact (Tamara) so I decided to go visit her and see how everything was going. When I got there she was real busy babysitting and was sorry she didn’t call me to postpone our study. So, I decided to go back out door knocking where I had left Nick. We met back up and continued to door knock. Then Nick had someone he had to meet so he left but he also took the map with him. I kept going down the road and then I came out onto a main road. I had to decide whether I was going to go out on the main road or if I was going to go back into the neighborhood and door knock on the other side. When in this position I would usually turn to my handy dandy map; however, I realized I didn’t have the map, so I started praying. As I started walking back into the neighborhood I felt impressed to go out on the main road. So, I turned around and started down the main road. As I was going I was asking the Lord why He would have me go down this main road. There were so many cars going by and it was hard for people to hear me when I surveyed them. After a bit of rejections I was coming toward the last of the houses and at one of them a young lady named Nancy answered the door. At first she didn’t really want to take a survey but after I told her it would only take about one minute she said she would do it. At the end of the survey she signed up for Bible studies. I was so excited. I knew why the Lord had me go down that road. In fact, that was my only new contact for the day. When I met back up with Nick I told him what happened and then we looked at the map and realized I went down a road that was not part of our territory. Had Tamara called me and postponed our study I wouldn’t have given the map to Nick and I wouldn’t have gone down that road. At the end of the day I was able to see that God was guiding my steps and I was assured that His providence is always working in our lives ^_^

1 comment: